RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF JULY 2019
TOPIC: THE PREPARED BRIDE
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
*MEMORY VERSE*: “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 2 Cor. 11:2
*BIBLE PASSAGE*: Revelation 19:7-9
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Also Read – Open Heaven 14 July 2019
*LESSON INTRODUCTION*: Just as marriage is the union between the bride and the bridegroom, so is the Union between the church and Christ (Eph. 5:32).
A wise bride will prepare herself for the coming of her husband (Matt. 25:1-10). In like manner, Christ expects the Church to be prepared for His coming (Rev. 21:2). The bride is the body if believers known as the Church that trusts in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and have hope of eternal life.
Jesus Christ is the bridegroom who had sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride (Eph. 5:25). The bride of Christ must therefore understand the reason for, and the rudiments of her preparation.
1. HOW TO BE PREPARED
2. WHY MUST WE BE PREPARED
*HOW TO BE PREPARED*
To qualify as the bride of Christ, the following must happen in your life in accordance with the word of God.
1. Confess his sins and accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. (John 3:3, 5, 16).
2. Let holiness be your lifestyle. (1 Peter 1:15-16; Heb 12:14).
3. Avoid self indulgence and worldly lifestyle. (2 Tim. 3:1-5).
4. Avoid being lukewarm. (Rev. 3:15-16).
5. Be led by the Spirit and possess your vessel by sanctification. (Gal. 5:16, 25; 1 Thess. 4:4).
6. Grow in faith and understanding. (Col. 1:9; 1 Cor. 14:20).
7. Serve the Lord faithfully and diligently to the end. (Luke 12:42; 9:62; 1 Cor. 4:2).
8. Be an additive soul winner. (Matt. 28:19; Prov. 11:30; Dan. 12:3).
9. Watch and pray. (Mark 13:33; 14:38; Luke 21:36).
10. Earnestly desire the coming of the Lord and be ready to go the extra mile. (Matt. 25:1-13; 2 Cor. 5:2).
*WHY MUST WE BE PREPARED*
As the bride of Christ, we must be prepared for Him in order:
i. Not to be caught unaware. (Mark 13:33; Matt 24:44).
ii. To be presented spotless, and without wrinkle to Christ. (Eph. 5:27).
iii. To be with Christ and reign with Him at His second coming. (1 Thess 4:15-17).
iv. To be part of the glorious wedding of the lamb. (Rev. 19:6).
v. To receive the crown of righteousness as a reward. (2 Tim. 4:7-8; Matt. 16:27).
vi. Not to be condemned and judged with the world. (1 Cor. 11:32; Matt 25:10).
vii. To enter into His rest eternally. (2 Thess. 1:7; Heb. 4:11).
*CONCLUSION*: The bride (the church) and the bridegroom (Jesus Christ) shall be officially wedded at rapture (Isaiah 62:5). Be prepared till the end.
1. His should we be prepared as the bride of Jesus Christ?
2. Mention five reasons we need to be prepared
*FOR FURTHER READING*:
John 3:16; Isaiah 65:5; Ephesians 5:16.
*ASSIGNMENT*:Mention five (5) means by which the would be bride of Christ should prepare and give reasons why they should do so.