OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 20TH SEPTEMBER 2019 FRIDAY
THEME: SUGAR COATED TROUBLE
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: Colossians 3:5
Read: Psalms 1:1-6
1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
The devil always sugar coats sin to us such that we forget how dangerous it is.
Tempting as it may be, if you touch it, you have handed your life over to him. Sin robs you of many benefits of God, most importantly your relationship with Him.
You need to understand that every part of your body should be kept holy for God. Your mouth should be used to speak God’s word and praise Him (Psalm 96:1).
Your mouth should also be used to speak good of people and to people. Your hands should be raised in worship to God and be used for hard work, not for stealing or fornication.
Your eyes should be used to see the good in people and not stare at nude pictures. Your legs should take you to edifying places and not to indecent parties or clubs.
If you will not touch sin, the battle against temptations must be won in your mind. It is in your mind that you first imagine an action before you do it.
Therefore, you should learn to guard your thoughts jealously by staying away from ungodly materials like pornography, sexual chatting, bad friends, et cetera.
Note that failure to stay away from these will lead you to touch what you ought not to.
KEY POINT :
Flee every appearance of evil.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ECCLESIASTES 10-12, 2 CORINTHIANS 11:16-33
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye