OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 4 JULY 2019
THEME: THE PATHWAY TO EXCELLENCE
MEMORISE: And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62
Read: Luke 9:57-62
57. And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Every man desires excellence, honour and glory. These things are very important to us as humans, but most especially to teenagers.
Teenagers want to do excellently well in their studies. You want to bring honour to your parents and do everything possible to be worthy of their praise. Read – Open Heaven 4 July 2019
However, there are lots of obstacles that stand in the way of achieving excellence. You ought to be prepared for every obstacle that could stop you from doing excellently. Read – Daily Declarations For 4 July 2019
Just like you prepare seriously for you exams in order to perform excellently, so also should you work diligently to attain excellence spiritually so you can ultimately make heaven. Read – Prayer Points For Open Heavens 4 July 2019
The pathway to excellence is having cordial relationship with God. No matter how much we want to do on earth, we must remember that all other things are secondary to achieving the true excellence which is heaven.
Lord, give me the spirit of excellence.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 29-30, Acts 12
1. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home:
2. Under the shadow of your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is your arm alone,
And our defense is sure
3. Before the hills in order stood
Or earth received its frame,
From everlasting you are God,
To endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in your sight
Are like an evening gone
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Soon bears us all away;
We fly forgotten, as a dream
Does at the opening day.
6. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Still be our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home!
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.