OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 25 JUNE 2019
THEME: THANKS: A DELICACY
MEMORISE: Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Read: Psalms 50:7-15
7. Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.
8. I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.
9. I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.
10. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
12. If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
13. Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
14. Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
15. And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
*”Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?”*
Psalm 50 clearly states that there is nothing else we can offer to God in gratitude to Him but praises. He says He can’t eat our food nor drink our drinks, but what He requires of us is our praise. Are you the type that always forgets to give thanks to God?
Do you give thanks to God for your food before you eat it? Do you thank Him for waking you up every morning? Do you thank Him for journey mercies when you go out and return safely? God is letting you know today that just as you eat regularly, thanksgiving is His own food and you should thank Him regularly. Open Heaven 25 june 2019
David was privileged to know this secret, and that is why he is called a man after God’s own heart. If a person brings delicacies to you regularly, will you not like that person dearly? Thanksgiving is a special type of thanks giving that God likes. The more you give Him thanks, the closer to His heart you will get. Open heaven 26 june 2019
Set an alarm on your phone that will remind you to thank God every morning.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 4-6, Acts 7:20-43
1. Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2. God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3. All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4. Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.