OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 22 JUNE 2019
THEME: GIFTS MUST BE PROFITABLE
MEMORISE: But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.1 Corinthians 12:7
Read: 1 Corinthians 12:7-10
7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9. To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10. To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
One Bible character whose gift made profitable benefits to God’s kingdom is Joseph. He used his gift as a dreamer to increase and deliver the people from famine. Our memory verse tells us that Hod is profit oriented like a business man. Prayer Points For open heavens 22 june 2019
God gave you your gift for a purpose. You definitely don’t have that gift just for fun, but to obtain profit with it. God wants His kingdom increased by the use of this gift.
This is why you should never use your God given gifts outside gospel purposes.
Asides the gift listed in our Bible reading, you may also be gifted in sports, music, dance, fine arts and the likes.
These are gifts given to you to populate the kingdom of God. If you have these gifts and you are not using them for God, then you are ungrateful. Don’t use your singing gift for the devil because he did not give you the gift, rather sing gospel songs that will draw others closer to God.
Dance to only Christian songs rather than worldly songs. Look for ways to use your gift for God’s profit, as He profits from your gift, He will also bring great benefits to you.
If you don’t know your gift yet, spend today asking God to show it to you and He will.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 4-6, Acts 5:17-42
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.