OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 20 JUNE 2019
MEMORISE: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.Philippians 1:21
Read: 2 Samuel 23:15-17
15. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!
16. And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.
17. And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.
When you are interested in something, you do it when it is convenient, but when you are committed to something, even when it is not convenient, you will never back down.
God is looking for committed teenagers. Teenagers who are committed to work, serve and worship Him even when it is not convenient.
Teenagers who are not afraid of doing the will of God, even when everyone is insulting them for doing God’s will. Are you one of them? How well are you committed to the things of God? Open Heavens 21 June 2019
To be committed to God, there are certain things that should become your lifestyle. Bible study must be a part of you. As a younger Christian, many of us had a slogan “no Bible study, no food”.
Thus meant that we would not eat until we had read our Bible. This devotional is a very good tool to assist you with doing your Bible study daily.
Another thing that should be your lifestyle is prayers. The Bible says that we should pray without ceasing. You must also be determined to tell someone about Jesus daily. If you ensure that you do these three things daily, you will soon find out that your commitment to God has greatly increased.
Father, help me to be committed to You like no one else in my generation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 12-13, Acts 4:23-37
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.