OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS TUESDAY 21 MAY 2019
THEME: SECURITY IN UNITY II
MEMORISE: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.Hebrews 10:25
Read: Acts 2:1-4
1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
When the devil wants to get a Christian that has good fellowship with other Christians, what he does is to first dissociate that fellow from his fellowship.
The devil knows that as long as that fellow is in contact with the heat from other Christians, he will not grow cold. The devil could try to separate the Christian from his fellowship through a small argument.
If a disagreement is about to occur between you and a member of your fellowship, put your ego aside and resolve it quickly.
Look beyond the argument to its real source- the devil, and the consequences of that disagreement- a separation from the heat. Once a group of believers are united, the Holy Spirit will move among them strongly, but when there is discord, the move of the Holy Spirit is hindered.
Look beyond any disagreement with a member of your fellowship so that the devil does not get you through that.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 3-5, John 8:1-20
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Savior?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for those that are lost?
Have you urged upon those who are straying
The Savior who does on the cross
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it a daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation?
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from sin;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye and Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.