OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 5 JUNE 2019
THEME: WATCH OVER YOUR HEAD
MEMORISE: Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.Hebrews 13:18
Read: 1 Timothy 2:1-4
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
In 2 Kings 2:14, Elisha smote River Jordan and asked for that God of Elijah. This is indicative of the fact that even though his master had left the scene, Hus master’s God was still very much around.
On the other hand, that call was another way of saying: “Thou God of my daddy, I need you now.” For you to call on the God of your spiritual father, it is expected that your spiritual father must evidently have a link with God like Elisha and Elijah’s case. Also Read – Open Heaven 5 June 2019
You have to be careful who you call “Father in the Lord.” Many have been led astray because of the heresies preached by their spiritual fathers, and it will only take the grace of God to redeem them. Some people’s blessings have been hindered and prayers unanswered because of who their spiritual father is.
Don’t just put your life under anyone; prayerfully check for their fruits. The Bible says it is by their fruits we will know them. Don’t be deceived by show of miracles; the magicians of Pharaoh Aldo turned their rods to snakes.
Fruits imply character; check for genuine Christ like character. Check for the doctrines that fellow believes, check for how he treats people, check how he relates with God and compare everything you observe with the word of God.
A father feeds his children. Take your spiritual diet seriously so that you don’t end up malnourished and spiritually dead.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 17-19, John 15
1. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home:
2. Under the shadow of your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is your arm alone,
And our defense is sure
3. Before the hills in order stood
Or earth received its frame,
From everlasting you are God,
To endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in your sight
Are like an evening gone
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Soon bears us all away;
We fly forgotten, as a dream
Does at the opening day.
6. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Still be our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home!
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.