OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
FOR TEENS 26 MAY 2019
THEME: THE YOUNG GIVER
MEMORISE: There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.Proverbs 11:24
Read: John 6:5-13
5. When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?
6. And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7. Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
8. One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him,
9. There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
10. And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11. And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
12. When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13. Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.
Our God goes to the extreme in the area of giving. When He wants to give, He gives massively. Imagine using 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes to feed 5,000 men; excluding children and women.
Thus awesome miracle that came to be because a young boy agreed to give the disciples his lunch. From his little 5 loaves and 2 fishes, a leftover of 12 baskets remained!
Learn from this story. Do you think the boy was the only one with food in the midst of that crowd? No! What happened to the others who had some food? Also Read – Open Heavens 26 May 2019
They must have hoarded his food like the others did, the crowd would have starved because there would not have been anything for God to multiply.
This is how God deals; if you bring empty hands to Him, He will multiply that emptiness and at the end of the day you will be emptiness than what you started with.
You are not too young to form a lifestyle of giving. Give at every chance you get. Don’t go to church without properly packing a worthy offering. Buy your parents gifts often. Be a giver!
Father, please help me to be a true giver.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 17-19, John 10:1-21
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Savior?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for those that are lost?
Have you urged upon those who are straying
The Savior who does on the cross
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it a daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation?
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from sin;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.